From Brooklyn Center Naturalists:
Subject: youth/community garden grant opportunity
Grant opportunity from Burpee Home Gardens; visit the website listed below for more details about eligibility and to download an application. Applications are due December 3, 2010:
'I Can Grow' Youth Garden Award Program
Youth and community garden programs across the U.S. can benefit from the new Burpee Home Gardens "I Can Grow" Youth Garden Award. Applications are being considered now, and the award will sponsor and support urban school and community gardens in cities across the country in 2011.
Who should apply?
* Schools and youth educators
* Community centers or organizations
* Youth groups
What the Youth Garden Award includes:
* Up to 500 vegetable and herb plants* (Quantity of plants is dependent upon size of garden and need)
* $2,500 for program supplies
* On-site assistance for initial garden layout and installation
* Installation day event publicity coordination
* Five gallons of Daniels? Plant Food (a sustainable fertilizer)
* Flip? video camera to document garden progress
Established or start-up programs that demonstrate well-developed and staffed plans for a youth-centered educational program are encouraged to fill out the appropriate forms found at http://www.burpeehomegardens.com/ICanGrow/_YouthGardenAward.aspx
Applications must be postmarked no later than Friday, December 3, 2010. Award status will be determined in January 2011.