Hi, I have freshly frozen, Organic Grass Fed Choice Black Angus beef for sale by the 50 lb. or 100 lb. box. Each box contains an even share of all the retail cuts from across the entire beef. Our meats are USDA inspected and processed at our small local licensed facility, Mahan's Packing.
Quality and taste are our goals, and i am delighted to have the opportunity to share with those of you who respond quickly, as we only have a few animals to send out each year, the bounty of our small seventy acre farm in Northern Trumbull county.
I find that offering beef by the 1/4 or 1/2 leads to too much guesswork and confusion, so we do it this way instead. A 100 lb. is approx. a 1/4 of a beef, so we went as far as to break it down and offer a 50 lb. box also due to the economy and also to better serve those with smaller family's. The beef is cut and wrapped in portions equal to serving size for two adults.
The ground beef is 90-95% lean and very juicy and tasty and comprises 40% of the box, the remaining 60% is your steaks,roasts, and other cuts.
We have farmed this land since 1994 and i have been involved in agriculture all my life. We feature humanely raised, quality breeding stock and organic grass fed freezer beef from our small herd of Texas Longhorn and Black Angus cattle. Our cattle are born here, and gentle, hand raised here. We have 24 acres of fertile bottomland pasture, fenced and cross-fenced. We do rotational grazing and keep our herd limited to no more than twelve adult animals. We take great care to keep our animals calm during the transport off site for processing, as well as thru the kill. Thus you never have the effects of having traces of adrenaline in the finished product. This makes a huge difference in tenderness and taste. Few people would know or better yet share this information with you, i will and forgive me if this is too graphic, i simply wish to demonstrate how much care goes into the finished product.
We are offering choice two year old steers.
A 100# box of standard retail cuts is $450.00.
A 50# box of the same is $225.00
We had three beef to send out this year, so when it's gone it's gone. Delivery is extra or you can pick up by appt. in Middlefield, Ohio (44062). Middlefield is nice to visit this time of year, so drop us a line or give us a call at 440-279-7086.
Kerns Farm has a page here and you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if your interested in knowing more.